Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Can't Thank God Enough

"How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?" 1 Thessalonians 3:9

The simple answer to this question is.... 'We can't'. We can't possibly thank God enough in general or specifically. Note here that Paul is thanking God, not the Thessalonians for the joy that they have brought him. We have so much to be thankful for. Every breath, every hope, every precious memory, every good thing anyone has ever done. The list could go on and on. Right now, as I am being thankful for you and for all those who have given me such joy, I am being blessed in return.

Just recognizing my own thankfulness for each of you is increasing my blessedness. Even though we can't possibly be thankful enough, we should still try harder and harder to thank Him more. Thankfulness and gratefulness changes our hearts. That joy that Paul speaks of in this verse is not just the joy that the Thessalonians brought, it is the joy for what God is doing in their lives.

You see, you don't have to bless me to bring me joy. If you are in God's will, that blesses me and brings me joy. If you are growing in your faith, that blesses me and brings me joy. If you are dealing with your issues as best you can, that blesses me and brings me joy. If you are seeking God, that blesses me and brings me joy. I am blessed and joyful because you are seeking the presence of God. The more time I spend thanking Him and expressing my gratefulness to Him, the more serving you blesses me and brings me joy. Thankfulness and gratefulness is a win-win-win scenario. So I encourage you to count your blessings, be joyful in the presence of the Lord, because it glorifies Him and will bless you and your heart. It also helps with the attitude. Amen? Amen! Praise the Lord, Thank you God, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment