Friday, December 12, 2014

Jesus is the Reason for the Season, by Ron Hodge

"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. " Matthew 10:32

It amazes me that every religion can openly celebrate their religion except for Christians. We can’t even celebrate our Savior’s birth in the open market or public place anymore. We can’t say Merry Christmas anymore because it might offend someone. I guess our feelings don’t matter. Merchants want to have the Christmas business, but don’t even mention Jesus or Christmas. Everything is happy holidays, season’s greetings and Santa Claus. The more our society needs Jesus, the more any mention of Him is suppressed. When was the last time you heard a politician or government leader mention God or Jesus? No wonder our country is in such bad shape; without God we will always have moral decay, division and turmoil. I just saw on the internet, a bill board from an atheist group stating “Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is to skip church. I’m too old for fairy tales”. Let’s not let that happen this year. Mention Jesus every chance you get. When someone says Happy Holiday, just say “It’s okay to say Merry Christmas. I’m a Christian.” Remember, sometimes just giving someone a little time and love means so much more than a gift.

I was reading one of our Ideal Christmas magazines and ran across and article named “This Christmas, Let’s Give a Little Jesus”. This Christmas Let’s Give a Little Jesus, a thoughtful word or deed, an act of generosity for someone who’s in need. Let’s Give a Little Jesus to everyone we meet--The salesclerk or the server, the person on the street. Let’s Give a Little Jesus, that’s what really counts—not what’s spent or bought, for whom, in what amounts. Let’s Give a Little Jesus to everyone large or small...For Jesus, the Messiah, is the Greatest Gift of All! (By Lisa O. Engelhardt)

In Matthew 5:14 Jesus said “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden”. Let’s be the light of the world and show the love of Jesus to everyone we meet. I’m so thankful that I belong to a Christ loving church where the presence of the Holy Spirit is strong, our congregation is full of love and compassion and we can all celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ together.

I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas,
Ron Hodge

No comments:

Post a Comment