Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Arrogance of Man

"The arrogance of man will be brought low and human pride humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day, and the idols will totally disappear. " Isaiah 2:17-18

I continue to read Isaiah. In chapter 2, God speaks through Isaiah about The Day of the Lord. You know eventually God is going to bring everyone to their knees. I am often shocked by the arrogance of man. Not because I stand in judgment of anyone, but He can. I recognize it from experience with my own arrogance. I fight the pride battle like all of us. If you totally strip away all my worldly idols and poke a hole in my puffed up attitudes, my humility is far more genuine. I sometimes battle false pride and insincere humility. But, it is the Lord alone who sees through me and I exalt Him and have to literally get on my knees before Him and keep things in perspective. I am so grateful for His grace. It allows me to serve with any shred of dignity. I indeed, with Paul, see myself as the chief of sinners and with Isaiah; I too, am a man of unclean lips. I can be equally lazy and ambitious and should replace that with true rest and holy zeal. My heart is glad to be hardest on myself. God, uses me, I am your servant. I rejoice in your anew.

Fill me up with Your purpose and for Your pleasure. Praise You!

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment