Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WHAT ARE WE DESTINED FOR

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light." 1 Peter 2:9

We ask ourselves the question, 'Why am I here?' from time to time. Sometimes, because we are trying to figure out our destiny, and other times because we are simply in the wrong place. lol. Our destiny is spelled out in this verse. How is that possible? The word destiny is not even in this verse. Aha, but it is in the previous verse where Peter describes what those who are disobedient are destined for. Then he immediately uses that connective word 'but' and starts to describe those of us who believe and are obedient to Him. By the way, it sure is a lot easier to fulfill and enjoy our destiny when we are being obedient to Him. Let's go over the destiny list.

1.) A chosen people. Not just the Jews, us Gentiles too. We are grafted on to the family tree and all of God's promises also belong to us. We are chosen people.

2.) A royal priesthood. Therefore I don't need a priest. He has given me access to Himself by prayer and thought and action and I can speak to the King without any intercessor.

3.) A holy nation. We are members of His Holy Kingdom. A universal coalition of believers united under the flag of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

4.) A people belonging to God. I am His. He is mine. He bought me and you with a precious price. His own life. What a comfort to know I belong to Him.

A very impressive list of who we are. But, for what purpose? The verse answers that very question. We exist to declare the praises of Him who called us out of darkness into His wonderful light. It says so right in the verse. When we realize how wonderful that is, we sense His purpose. I was headed for eternal destruction and suffering and Jesus made a way for me to escape the darkness and come into His wonderful light. Oh how wonderful His light is. Bask in it. Seek it. Desire it. Walk in it. His light illuminates everything. It shines the truth. It shows the way. It is a beacon of hope for my life. Like the verse recommends, I am declaring this to you now because of the high value I put on my salvation and my deliverance. I praise God for what He has done for me. Out of the darkness He has brought me and into His light. I am chosen, royal, holy and I belong. My faith is built up by this truth. Now we know our destiny, now we know who we are. Keep reminding yourself because the enemy and this world will tell you something completely different. I believe His Word and Him. I will be who I am and do what I am destined for.

Join me,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment