Monday, May 25, 2015

“Harvest Workers” – Covenant Series

“Ask the Lord for the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field.” Matthew 9:38

I have been praying two things today. One, “Lord, ignite a fire for evangelism in us. Not just witnessing in the classic sense, but real relational sharing about hope and redemption, about sin and separation, about God’s plan for individuals and as His church.”
Two, I am praying for that fire to ignite in me; not just my role as pastor, but Fred as a human being who has something valuable to share, evidenced by something real about me that cares and is led by the Spirit to turn conversations toward Christ. I often have divine appointments that lead to invitations to come to church, or that lead to giving biblical counsel, but not so often about Jesus Himself. That concerns me. He is the Lord of the harvest right? The verse says so. It is His harvest field, right? Verse says that too. So if I am a willing worker for Him, how do we get started? Ahhh, the prayer part.

“Lord, use me in whatever way to advance your Kingdom today, to be your salt and light and lift you up so you can draw people to yourself. Help me not to be a hindrance to your work in people’s hearts, to listen and share and care in such a way that people come to you for salvation, renewal, re-dedication or inspiration. Lord, send me today, and send whoever else can be used by you.”

In Your service Lord,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment