Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Lamentations 3:22-26 Devotion by: Council Member Patrice Parker

"Because of the Lord’s gracious love we are not consumed, since his compassions never end. They are new every morning – great is your faithfulness! “The Lord is all I have.” says my soul, “therefore I will trust in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the person who searches for him. It is good to hope and wait patiently for the Lord’s salvation." Lamentations 3:22-26

Every day I read more of God’s manual for my life. His word is becoming so important in my life. It is a constant reminder of his grace, love and my faith in what he promises. I feel very much like an infant at times with the sheer wonder of it all, the newness and amazement of what he has chosen to share with me. I feel him working constantly in my life and am always amazed at what I discover.

In this craziness that I call my life, I struggle daily with trying to keep him front and center in my thoughts. I just looked at my “To Do” List for today and he was not on there. But shouldn’t he be at the top of that list? For those who have had their relationship with the Lord for longer than I have, I would guess that daily conversation with the Lord is commonplace. Not just prayer but spending time in his word and in whatever manner takes the stuff of everyday life out of your mind and puts the Lord there instead.

I am just going to have to develop new habits. I am going to try to keep him front and center in my thoughts. I am going to try to just stop, take a deep breath, acknowledge that he is there and listen for him. I will probably fall flat on my face most days, in fact I can pretty much guarantee it. But my life and relationship with the Lord is a constant work in progress so that is to be expected.

The Lord resides in me, he gives me the tools that I need for my life. He renews my soul every morning. Every day is new opportunity to start fresh, to put him at the top of my list and to learn to listen to him. I have faith in what he promises and as difficult as life is, I know he is there, holding me and guiding me through my days. I just need to learn to listen and put my trust in him.

Your sister in Christ,
Patrice

No comments:

Post a Comment