Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We Do Not Lose Heart

"Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart." II Corinthians 4:1

This has been quite an interesting period of time in my life. I have literally experienced the entire spectrum of feelings, in seemingly alternating extremes for weeks. For example, within a couple of days, I sensed awful despair and overwhelming hope. In another brief time period, I knew great confidence, followed by gripping fear. I am not particularly prone to extreme feelings, but I have never known such fluctuating polar feeling since I was much younger.

In all of it though, I have never completely lost heart, because I know it is only by His mercy that I am part of this ministry. No matter what serious matters (and there have been some 'lulus') He is in control. I sense it stronger than ever and more than anything. No matter what trivial matters (and there have been some 'doozies') He is in control. So, I do not lose heart. For some strange (but not weird) reason, I know God is at work.

Whenever the attack of the enemy is in full-swing (join me in praying for Grace Harbor Church and School, because the devil is busy messing with us) we can 'take heart' and not 'lose heart'. Be encouraged, HE is for us and the enemy is rebuked and resisted and he will flee and will be defeated. That is the truth. It is Jesus who is the head of His Body and He will protect the church, His work, His sheep and His ministry. We must trust, follow and obey Him. He can only have full control of what we surrender to Him. After all, it is HIS ministry, HIS church, HIS sheep and even HIS pasture. So, I will continue to serve, through the good times and bad, through the lulus and doozies, through the attacks and the victories, through it all. Let's keep our eyes on Him and not just as words either, I mean like we are really following Him in everything. Everything.

In Him, and taking heart in that.
Pastor Fred

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring message, Pastor Fred. I particularly liked what you said about Him only having full control of what we surrender to Him. I can think of a number of areas in which I need to fully surrender, but because of pride and/or stubbornness (or, likely both), I haven't yet. I choose in this moment to surrender it all. Thank you, Pastor Fred, for your continued guidance!

    ReplyDelete