Monday, March 11, 2013

The Hand of God

"The word of the Lord came to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, by the Kebar river in the land of the Babylonians. There the hand of the lord was upon him." Ezekiel 1:3

Ezekiel saw a lot in his life as a priest and a prophet. He saw many visions, things too amazing and wonderful to describe, and maybe even to understand. We today, certainly don’t completely understand, totally all that Ezekiel saw. Some of it is awesome, and some symbolic, some prophetic, and some as clean as day, but all of it from God. The Lord’s hand was on Ezekiel. When we think of his hand, we envision His healing touch, and we picture His creative power, His interceptive reach. But this is different; when His hand was on Ezekiel, He revealed things, showed things and opened his eyes to things, and opened his eyes to things no one had ever seen.

To have a close encounter with the Lord is a life changing experience. The closer you get to God, the more you see and the more often see it. Sometimes it is shocking, other times it is just powerful and leaves you speechless. Then, from time to time, what you see when the Lord’s hand is on you bowls over you and almost knocks you out. Maybe you haven’t had such closeness to God. I certainly would not pretend to have seen even close to what Ezekiel saw or understood. But, I have seen the mighty hand of God and I know He has healed me, led me, protected me , and convicted me, revealed stuff to me and shown me marvelous things.

I recommend that you draw close to God and ask Him to lead you and show you what you need to see. Do not fear His hand; though it is awesome and mighty, it is also merciful and gentle.

In His Hand, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment