Friday, June 13, 2014

My Comforting God

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I am living in this verse today. Praising my God who is so compassionate and full of mercy and who does comfort us so we can comfort others. Whatever our trouble is the scripture here says “any” trouble. Nothing is too big or too complicated, too small or too insignificant. He cares and He is there. If He is there for me, He is there for you. And… if He is there for you, He is there for me. We must share His comfort when we receive it. What is particularly beautiful about my most recent experience is that His comfort came before I had an answer to my trouble. I was praying fervently as many others were that my mom would have a successful and simple heart surgery this morning. She did praise God, but before I knew that, my God gave me compassion with peace that passes understanding. He poured His Spirit through my heart with those most comforting words… “Everything is going to be okay…. No matter what.” For an inexplicable reason I was suddenly okay with whatever the outcome might be. Not the first time I have experienced this. So whatever the trouble you have today, whether it be fear or stress, health or the weight of someone else’s trouble, whether it be financial or emotional, petty or life threatening, God has got it. He has got it. He has got us. His compassions do not fail. His grace is sufficient. His mercies are renewed every morning. Maybe you face family turmoil, work pressure, or personal stuff that can’t be spoken. Give it to Him. He will either intervene or give you the grace to accept whatever. Today He did both for me. He intervened and He gave me His grace to accept whatever. I had peace with all the possibilities. I must say there was a moment of faithful surrender that preceded my experience. I am assuredly immeasurably thankful for Him and He gave me peace before I had an answer. This is what encourages me to encourage you. Our mighty loving God will see us through. No matter what may come or the outcome, I think surrender is the key. Let go and let God. I wholeheartedly believe I would be writing the same words if this had gone a totally different direction. At this moment I am still more overwhelmed by the peace than I am the blessing.

In His Grip,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment