Friday, July 22, 2011

I Thank the Lord

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Ray Beeman:

Grace Harbor Saints - I ran across this today, from a young lady who was a neighbor of ours in Tustin, who ran with Liz, and who posted the following for her 24th birthday. I thought it was so special - she is such a sweetheart! We all have many things to be thankful for! Paul opens his epistle to the Romans with "First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all..." Rom 1:8, and later says that "...although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened." Rom 1:21 And the Psalmist says "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name." Psalm 100:4 Here's how she expresses her gratitude in 24 ways:

Here's how she expresses her gratitude in 24 ways:
OF THANKSGIVING! WITH DEEPEST JOY AND GRATITUDE I THANK THE LORD TODAY FOR ...

1) The hope, joy, love, peace, grace, mercy, kindness, generosity, and purpose in Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. The Super-Son-Suffering-Servant-(whose) Substitutionary-Sacrifice-Secured-Susanna-Smiths-Salvation!

2) My family one and all who have loved, served, helped, validated, and encouraged me every step of the way; That means YOU Dad, Mom, …, and ALL you all!

3) My Fiance and beloved man of God who has given me a new song to sing, new confidence in my value and purpose, and a love that is as unconditional, strong, powerful, kind, and good as he is; AND his incredible family who I adore!

4) (THANK YOU LORD FOR!..) My friends who love me, care for me, have fun with me, listen to me, support me, give to me, and show me God’s kindness; and that means …, and many more!

5) My Life-Transforming churches: Trinity United Presbyterian, and Vineyard Christian Fellowship that are for me a hospital, family, warrior, and body of Christ. (Ray: she would love ours, too!)

6) My AMAZING work, coworkers, …, and all; for inspiring client-patients and for the joy, challenge, and adventure of caring for the homeless each day.

7) Being able to live with my Amazing Grandmother Ruth Kayser; the most beautiful roommate in Tustin ; the love and joy of my 23rd year. (Ray: Ruth is 91 this year)

8) For my leaders, pastors, mentors and counselors, and all those who have led me in the light of Christ.

9) For my neighbors here …, and all the friendly faces.

10) My incredible Alma Mater, Biola university and the blessing of 5 years of pure joy in classes; chapels; friendships; dorms; labs; and in the Arms of Christ in all.

11) For My nursing program and the joy of being an RN-BSN with all its responsibilities, fees, joys, pains, challenges and honors; thank you God!

12) My beautiful country with its strengths, weaknesses, freedoms and failures it is still my home and God’s land and I pray He will be reclaiming it as His own more and more each day I am 24.

13) My ladies in my program; my sponsor and my recovery that the Lord has given me and that has given me a new found freedom, serenity and hope.

14) A healthy body; gastro-intestinal system, cardiovascular system, …, neurovascular system and all that jazz!

15) For jazz! Music, gospel, rap, instruments, classical, worship, reggae, and all that amazing stuff.

16) For squirrels, bats, cats, dogs, bunnies, butterflies, spiders, mice, elephants, lions, tigers, and bears oh my!

17) For the beauty of the mountains, plains, Fairview Nature reserve, Peters Canyon, Santiago park and all the other beautiful places I have been blessed to ‘run into’. (Ray: she is a natural runner, singing praise as she goes)

18) For food to eat; that most people in most countries only dream of having in their wildest imaginations! Oh I am so thankful for spinach, for hummus, for bananas, for chicken, for sushi, for green juice, for Ezekiel bread, celery, and beef! (sometimes that is my #1, but not tonight)

19) For Swing dancing; Mesa swing, all my amazing friends there like …, and the joy of being able to bust a move with my incredible lead and fiancĂ©!

20) For the joy of jogging anywhere and everywhere in joy strength and worship; and my incredible marathon trainer Liz who still is one of my heroes and mentors.

21) For the privilege of learning, reading, growing, and aspiring to my dreams and hopes, where I am encouraged to do so as a woman.

22) For art, colors, shapes, sounds, and for the creativity of the skies and the textures of the earth.

23) For technology, telephones, face-book, computers, my CAR (sadly shoddy though she may be), for the things that make it possible for me to be productive in this fast-pace society.

24) For YOU!

Thankfully yours, Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment