Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You the Temple

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" 1Corinthians 3:16

Well... Do you know that? We talk a lot about being in Him, but it also follows that He is in us too. We are actually the residence of the Holy Spirit and He lives inside us. He doesn't live in temples made of wood or stone, He lives in the hearts of men and women, boys and girls. We are too abide in Him, made easier by the fact that He abides in us. That is why we should be able to hear Him knocking, because it is His house. He is living in you.

This phenomena and reality should make us sense His nearness. We should be able to know Him with our minds and feel Him with our hearts because of how near He is. He is right there with you because He never leaves you or forsakes you because He is actually part of you.

If I want Him to hold my hand, I need only to close my eyes and I can picture it. If I need Him to wipe my tears, in my mind's eye I can feel it. If I need Him to help me, I can ask immediately. He is always there. The perfect guest and host. The best friend and guide. The most loving Father and forgiving Savior. Fantastic situation, huh? All I need to do is acknowledge the truth that is in me and I can know His will and His way.

I have no worthy reason or excuse not to surrender to Him because He is always right there. So we struggle, we twist, we turn, we run, we hide, we avoid, we make excuses and we suffer needlessly. All we have to do is humbly ask and allow Him to respond within us. Just articulating this to you I sense His presence and power all the more. Whatever you are facing today, take comfort in this; He loves you from the inside out. Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? It's true. Allow the reality of that to sink in and enjoy how close you are to Him and how close He is to you.

In Him and He in me,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment