Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Eyes of the Lord

"The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good." Proverbs 15:3

I really know this is true, because of God's omniscience (He knows all), He must see and hear everything, too. It is not just the bottom line that He sees, such as in the intentions of our hearts or our motivations. He sees and hears details. He sees and hears what is intentionally left unsaid, and the facial expression that accompanies that. He knows when we try, and it goes unknown and unseen. He hears our quiet dry tears about the heartaches over awkward and strained miscommunications, and missed golden opportunities. His eyes are everywhere; He sees when we fake it, and when we barely get through, and when we make something out of nothing. He sees us unconsciously litter and leave messes behind. He also sees us pick up after others and clean up messes that aren't ours. He sees our compassion and our arrogance. He knows when we are trying to help and when we are really just trying to cover our own tracks. He sees and hears it all. None of it alarms Him or surprises Him. He knows, and cares, and watches because He wants to be glorified by the good, and protect us from the evil. He is our loving Father God, and The Judge. He is the Maker and Sustainer of all things. Everything is subject to Him.

It is no secret what He can do and we have no secrets from Him. I am glad He is watching and that He sees. I am glad He is keeping everything. I trust Him implicitly and completely. Both the good and wicked things are seen and known by Him, and I am glad. Most of all, I am glad for His grace and mercy, for His vigilance and care. This sheep, who is a shepherd by trade, is eternally grateful that He is the great Shepherd of His Sheep. Dear God, keep us ever mindful of your watch care and your presence at all times, everywhere.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful devotional. This blessed my heart today. I too am thankful He sees all things. Love you Pastor Fred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this devotional, Pastor Fred. Thank you. What a comfort it is to know that I can be completely me with God and He loves me and knows me better than I know myself. It's absolutely refreshing to know that He "gets" me when no one else does and even if I can't determine my own crazy reasons for doing or saying things, He does. It makes me feel like I can just breathe in a world that threatens to suffocate. *Deep sigh of relief*
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete