Friday, April 20, 2012

Captive, Not Conquered

"No in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." Romans 8:37

I love it when God speaks to me during moments of desperation and frustration. This past Sunday, I had such a moment. I was in the ICU unit at Kaiser, and I was looking out my window at the beautiful day it was. I got really angry because I felt like a prisoner in my body.

My body has been keeping me from living my life the way I wanted and the way I knew God had called me to live it. I had the television on and all of a sudden I heard a Pastor state, " You may feel like a captive, but you have not been conquered!! " WOW!! That statement totally caught my ears and it totally ministered to me, The Pastor was preaching through the book of Daniels and he showed how these men of God may have been captured but they had not been conquered. After I heard this statement I had one of those 2x4 experiences where God got my attention by hitting me with it! LOL!!! And I thought how true it was, in our lives there are various things that can make us feel like we are a captive and there is no hope. It could be finances, relationships, addictions, health and numerous others. But we have to remember that we are the chosen children of the most high God, and that there is nothing in this world that can hold us down because of our relationship with Jesus Christ. Just like the men in Daniels, as we continue to live our lives for Jesus we will experience the same victory that these men did.

Today's passage of scripture gives us the promise and hope that we can stand on when we feel we are being held captive. What a promise! Knowing that in all things we are MORE THAN CONQUERORS! And the best part, is this all because of the love that Christ has for us. It's our relationship with Jesus that will break us free from everything that is holding us captive. It's coming to Jesus and submitting ourselves to Him and allowing Him to supply us with the weapons to breakfree from what was holding us captive. Let's make today, the first day of busting free from what's holding us captive. Let us submit ourselves to the Holy Spirit , and allow Him to empower us to become more than conquerors because of our relationship with Jesus!

Be blessed today!
Brother Rick Ballester

1 comment:

  1. Brother Rick - thank you for sharing the message you received because just as it spoke to you, it has spoken to me. In the last couple of days, I've been feeling as though I'm being held captive to certain thought patterns that have been threatening my very stability in Christ, but I'm reminded by your words that through Him, I am a conqueror! Praise God! It is sooooo good to have you back, Rick! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete