Wednesday, April 25, 2012

True Forgiveness

True Forgiveness by Justin Eggen is the third in a series of devotionals by the 2012 Grace Harbor Colombia Mission Team. I encourage you to find a quiet place and consider this powerful message.

"If You, LORD, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, so that we can, with reverence, serve You." Psalms 130:3-4

In these two verses, it speaks of sin and forgiveness. For Psalms 130:3 says "if you O Lord kept a record of sins, O Lord who could stand?" In this verse it tells us that if the Lord was to keep tally of all are sins, we would probably fall to our knees and maybe die. Everyone person sins. Sin is like an addiction, once you do it, it’s hard to stop. I’m not saying you need to live a perfect life because that is highly impossible. All I’m saying is you should sin less.

In verse 4 it says, "But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared." What this verse is saying is that God is so powerful that He can forgive for true forgiveness is hard to do. This power is so great that we should fear Him. If God did not have the power of forgiveness we would most likely die. Do not try and abuse His power of forgiveness, for the abuser will not be rewarded. Instead of trying to use His power to your advantage, you should give back to Him with goodness not evil acts. For God forgives all.

Those who harness a small bit of true forgiveness are rare. Just remember He will always forgive but give back. Try to find forgiveness in your heart and forgive someone who really hurt you. Not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because you truly mean it.

Justin Eggen

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this message on forgiveness, Justin! I've recently been asking God to help me really receive the forgiveness I know He has already granted me, but it's a process I'm still working through. It was only a few days ago that I asked Him to "teach me how to receive" and since then I've been -not so coincidentally- coming across all things "forgiveness," your devotional included. It caught my attention immediately when I saw the topic, so thank you for being His willing servant and vessel! Great job!

    ReplyDelete