Wednesday, February 4, 2015

BE ZEALOUS

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord." Romans 12:11

Today, this verse blesses me and convicts me. It is my greatest desire to be a servant of the Lord. Absolutely nothing brings me deeper or more lasting joy. At age 17, when I to the best of my ability, fully committed myself to the Lord, I have been on a lifelong quest to find and do His will for me. Through great success and miserable failure, I have endeavored to serve Him in whatever circumstance or situation. I have done so joyfully, at times, and with quite a bit of resistance and attitude at other times. I count it all joy to be where I am today and am grateful beyond words for His blessings and His gifting of me, for the privilege of having been able to serve a dozen or more ministries, churches, and organizations. As soon as I describe my life, the zeal for Him begins to mount and rally. My zeal causes me to serve Him and serving Him increases my zeal. Indeed, there is a veritable fountain of zeal within me…..
As long as I keep my eyes on Him.
As long as I keep surrendering to Him.
As long as I put Him first.
As long as I stay in His word and keep praying.
As long as I thank Him for at least one particular breathe, each day.
As long as I stay objective and admit I’m not always so, He keeps me going, He lights my fire, He holds me up, and He moves me forward.
My fervor is still strong, I do not lack zeal and I will not stop until He takes me home.

Don’t lack in zeal people, we serve a mighty God who gives us fervor and favor!

Praise His Name!
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment