Wednesday, February 11, 2015

'UNJUST SUFFERING ADVICE"

"For it is commendable if a man bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because he is conscious of God." 1 Peter 2:19

It is not easy to think of God when we are suffering, especially unjustly. When I am in pain for an unjust reason, I am thinking about one thing pretty much exclusively, ME. Yep, ME. I mean after all, when it is unfair, it is about ME - MY rights, MY feelings, MY justice, MY problem. ME, ME, ME. God, make it right for ME. MY feelings have been hurt, MY heart has been broken, MY rights have been trampled. I feel like I take it all the time and I don't deserve that. I think I should be treated better. I think what is most important is what will make it right by ME. And so it goes very often as we pivot at the center of the universe, jockeying for good old number one.

Well, God wants to be number one. He wants to use every situation to glorify HIM. HE is the center of the universe. HE is judge, jury and prosecutor in the final analysis. HE is the commender and the commander. HE is asking us to sometimes hang in there, because HE earned the right to ask, because HE hung for us and suffered ultimately, HE earned the say so. HE wants us to be conscious of HIM when we are hurt and let HIM help us before WE, WE, WE make it about ME, ME, ME.

It would be commendable if we would bear up under the pain of unjust suffering more than we do, and let HIM intervene, before we complain so much, whine so much, make it about ME, so much. Just be conscious of God when you are treated unjustly and give HIM opportunity to intervene before YOU react, or especially overreact. I think we would see the hand of God working if we turned down the drama just a notch or two.

I am just a little convicted, are you?
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment