Wednesday, February 25, 2015

"REASONABLE ANSWERS"

“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have.” 1 Peter 3:15a

This scripture suggests what seems like a daunting task to many. Not just new believers either. There is almost a general fear among believers about answering questions about their faith; particularly if it means quoting or referencing the Bible. I know our enemy, the devil, feeds this fear. What we do to protect ourselves from any possibility of embarrassment or failure or panic is to avoid any and all situations where we might be questioned or even have an opportunity to share our faith. Or, we have some weak, unsubstantiated, emotionally driven explanation that sounds like an apology at best. We, in essence, trip all over ourselves trying to appear more knowledgeable than we are, or we string together a series of excuses or self deprecating nonsense to survive the awkward moment.

Let me share one answer that we all can use until we get better at it and so we don’t have to freak out about it. Let’s answer the question, “Why do you have hope?” I have hope because Jesus paid the price for my sins on the cross. I needed a Savior and Jesus met my need. I have no hope outside of Him. God sent His Son, Jesus, to be our hope. I have trusted in Him and He answers my questions even when that answer is “no” or “wait” or “maybe”. I know He hears me and I know He will listen to you, too. Hope that this helps a little.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment