Wednesday, February 18, 2015

"FORWARD WITH HOPE"

“One thing I do: Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal…” Philippians 3:13b – 14a

Recently, I have been greatly encouraged by a number of unrelated factors that have caused my hope to soar. I want to list seven things that are blessing my heart and lifting my spirit. Such good news!

1. A growing unity of heart and purpose in the church and school family.
2. Ten new Covenant Members since the New Year.
3. The addition of new students in our Preschool and Elementary School.
4. Fresh energy and voluntarism everywhere.
5. Increased giving to fund more ministry, outreach and missions.
6. Progress in our Building Project.
7. Visitors and returning visitors in church every Sunday.

At the same time, I have been reading about Hope and here are seven life practices that feed hope from the book HQ (The Hope Quotient).

1. Recharge your batteries.
2. Raise your expectations.,
3. Refocus on the future.
4. Play to your strengths.
5. Refuse to go it alone.
6. Replace burnout with balance.
7. Play great defense.

Think about these and this verse and know that God is at work in our midst. God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

With tremendous hope,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment