Monday, February 9, 2015

IS IT OKAY TO BOAST- Just Be Careful What We Boast About?!

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth for in these I delight,” declares the Lord." Jeremiah 9: 23-24

So we are not to boast in our own accomplishments, or strengths, even if we give credit to God who gave it to us. Our only "claim to fame" and reason to boast is that at some point we had the good sense (through guidance of the Holy Spirit) to "know" the Lord. It is from Him that all goodness and boastful attributes come from. The scripture does not reference knowing "about" the Lord…..most of the world knows about Him. It says to know Him, and that means knowing what He says, and how He would act in any circumstance. The only way to KNOW someone, is to spend time with Him and listen to His words through His word, and in our hearts. In that knowledge, we can boast that we know the Lord.

I have heard many people talk about someone special they met or they know, a celebrity or important person. Guess what? I know the one who is all kindness, righteousness and justice on earth. I talk to Him every day.

I hope this inspires you as it does me.,
Angie Wahl

No comments:

Post a Comment