Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dreams, Laughter, Singing and Joy

Psalm 126:1-6 "When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them." The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. Restore our fortunes, O Lord, like streams in the Negev. Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.

I needed this Psalm today, so I am sharing the whole thing with you. Wow, this really gives me hope. I so earnestly desire to have a time of dreams, laughter, singing and joy again. Not only for me, but for all of us. As I read this I knew it applied to me like I know it applies to you because we were all captives to the eternal consequences sin until Christ set us free with His salvation. Therefore I can remember and am reminded what it was like to dream dreams, when I was first set free. I can remember and am reminded of the wonderful laughter, the heartfelt singing and the overwhelming joy that came from my salvation. I needed to be reminded today.

Too easily I forget how parched I was and what a blessing those streams in the Negev’s of my life were. Too quickly I forget the songs and laughter and joy that fueled my on-fire faith. How shortsighted of me to not recall the great things God has done, is doing and will do. How little faith to not ask for fortune to be restored. How little faith to not remember that more sowing will lead to more reaping.

We have been set free and are captives no longer. Read the words of this victorious Psalm that put in perspective the plan of God, that will prevail, and reminds us of times of flourishing, victory and hope. Let the singing and rejoicing begin as we plant and He reaps and we rejoice. A harvest is happening, don't miss it and be prepared to celebrate. Let us all be encouraged by this truth.

Praise the Lord!! Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment