Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Proverbs About the Poor (Part 5)

This is the last of the 25 proverbs that address the poor. I hope your heart has been quickened and your spirit blessed by their truth. We live in interesting times with the ability to see the oppressed in a click. Yet we feel hamstrung to respond and overwhelmed by our own greed, selfishness and tendency to pretend it isn’t there or that we don’t have to care. Today I feel like being blunt. So please know that if my commentary seems harsh that some of my points were learned in a mirror, not by looking at you.

  1. Be compassionate to other poor. (Pro. 28:3)
(Often the poor are the most compassionate)
  1. Understand that rich people can be pretentious, not wise. (Pro. 28:19)
(Ya think? Don’t suck up to the rich, it’s pitiful when you do.)
  1. Follow vain people and become poor. (Pro. 28:19)
(Because they can’t get enough or spend enough or have enough)
  1. Avoid the deceitful. (Pro. 11:4)
(Habitual liars and cons need a miracle from Jesus not you)
  1. Be patient and do your work. (Pro. 11:16)
(Deferred gratification is not an outdated concept, try it.)

I feel better. The truth shared in love. I hope you have taken to heart only what the Lord wants you to consider. Wise advice is only counsel. God is the only judge.
Be blessed my friends in Him, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment