Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Proverbs for the Lazy (Part 2)

Solomon had a lot of workers and I am sure he saw every type of avoidance, sandbagging, stalling, distraction and diversion. I have made time and wasted time. I have produced and procrastinated; I have created the illusion of work and also worked my behind off. Laziness can be a hard job if you work hard enough at it.

  • He wants things, but his hands refuse to do the work. (Proverbs 21:25)
  • The slothful finds the way to work like a thorny hedge. (Proverbs 15:19)
  • He wastes things at work. (Proverbs 18:9)
  • His estate will suffer. (Proverbs 18:9)
  • His sleep is deep; his idleness will cause hunger. (Proverbs 19:15)

More wisdom from my dad today. I am enjoying remembering all he said about work, laziness and the development of character, both good and bad. What did your father, teacher, mother, mentor tell you? All wisdom is from God and emanates from His Word. God uses people to influence and guide us. You are somewhat the product of who you listen to and believe in. Just three quotes today.

  • "He who wastes not wants not."(Wisdom is so Biblical.)
  • "Always have a plan and a back-up plan with a contingency."
  • "Get up while the day is young!"

My dad was a consistent source of proverbial wisdom and it blessed and shaped me as much as I allowed.

Here by grace,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment