Thursday, August 28, 2014

Proverbs for Lazy People (Part 4)

Last devotional on laziness or slothfulness. I think I want to close with three thought provoking comments that might help us face ourselves a little more objectively. I recently had a sobering conversation with a good friend over breakfast who helped me see with fresh eyes what I was turning a blind eye to and losing my objective perspective of my own stuckedness.

  • His fields and vineyards are uncared for and yield no crop. (Proverbs 24:33-34)
  • He turns in his bed, but does not get up. (Proverbs 26:14)
  • He is slow feeding himself. (Proverbs 26:15)
  • He is wise in his own conceit. (Proverbs 26:16)

Let the Bible be a mirror and you can see yourself in it. What I dislike in others I usually know it well and hate it in myself. Now for three things that I have been mulling over in my mind over recent months about me. Hope they help you look at you with fresh eyes.

  • I don’t know as much as I think I do and have a lot to learn.
  • I am solely responsible for my choices and their consequences.
  • God knows everything and I need to constantly surrender to His lead.

Ahhh…. feels good to share that. So I can face myself by His grace as I seek His face. That last proverb is a tough one huh? Are you wise in your own conceit? Be honest with yourself. Thank God for His grace, mercy and love.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment