Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Measuring System

"You are my portion, Lord" Psalm 119:57

You are my portion, O Lord
By: Roy Lessin

Let the grace of the Lord be the measure of your sufficiency;
let the peace of the Lord be the measure of your quietness;
let the power of the Lord be the measure of your strength;
let the goodness of the Lord be the measure of your contentment;
let the love of the Lord be the measure of your service;
let the faithfulness of the Lord be the measure of your trust;
let the beauty of the Lord be the measure of your worship;
let the fullness of the Lord be the measure of your joy;
let the sovereignty of the Lord be the measure of your confidence;
let the promises of the Lord be the measure of your expectations;
let the coming of the Lord be the measure of hope.

We sure seem to love to keep score. We also love to compare numbers, grade things and count everything from minutes to years or troubles to blessings. I think we need a new measuring system, one that is more objective and reflects a much broader perspective than the way I feel or just how I see it. I think I could have a fresher and more positive outlook and viewpoint if would just let myself measure stuff differently. So, I share with you something brilliantly written that will hopefully inspire and challenge your thinking as much as it did mine. The Lord has given me all I need to measure everything.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment