Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Choosing to Read the Grace Harbor Devotionals

"The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you." 1 Corinthians 16:23

Today I want to share with you a comment posted by Heather Gent in response to a recent devotional submitted by Alan Severin, written by Dr. James Emery White. My reason for sharing this comment is to encourage you to keep reading the daily devotionals.

Each day one is posted and every day someone is touched, and some days I am sure many are touched by the Spirit when they read what is written. Do you know that hundreds of people each month, all over the world read Grace Harbor's Daily Devotionals? It is amazing the scope of effect this ministry has on so many people. Maybe God will use one soon to help you move closer to Him or understand His Word better. As you read this comment, think about what the Lord is communicating to you each time you take time to read a Grace Harbor Daily Devotional.

May the grace of the Lord be with you this day and each day.
Pastor Fred


Funny thing happened this morning. Or, rather, I should say a “God thing” happened this morning. I was sitting alone with God, and in a moment of frustration, I told him "God, I just need to hear directly from You. I just need to hear something from you. Talk to me, God," I quietly begged. I happened to have my phone sitting next to me and immediately after I said the words, my phone began to vibrate. Ordinarily, not wanting the interruption of my time with Him, I wouldn't have picked it up or even looked at it, but given the timing I was curious. It turned out that the vibration was the notification that my Grace Harbor Daily Devotional had been sent to my inbox. “That You, God?” I asked in cautious excitement. Increasingly curious over what today's devotional might say, I clicked on the link and began to read. Do you know that what I had been previously discussing with God was exactly along the lines of what was written today? I needed to read what was written, and needed to read it in a very big way. His grace is so sufficient, yet we doubt we really have it when we think we’ve messed up too badly. Because of what was written in today’s devotional, I was so sweetly reminded by Him that I am and always will be a “cherished daughter.” If you ever wonder whether or not your devotionals are reaching into the lives and hearts of people, I assure you they are. I’m very grateful for the time you all take in ensuring their daily delivery. Thank you for being such a profound part of each of my days, and may I always remember to choose grace for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment