Friday, August 12, 2011

Trust in God.......

Our Friday Devotion comes to us from Council Member, Kim:

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding." Proverbs 3:5

I have heard many people say that reading the Bible is confusing. They say “I have tried to read the Bible, but I don’t understand what God is saying and I end up feeling frustrated and confused.” I am learning that there are some things that I am not meant to know or to understand. But I am suppose to ask God to show me what I can do to understand and then I must NOT question God when He reveals it to me.

Too often people try to reason things out but that can be dangerous. We are not God…….so don’t even try to be. So many of us like logic, order and reason in their daily life. We like to deal with issues we can wrap our understanding around and come up with solutions that make sense to us. We tend to put things in tiny, neat compartments in our minds, telling ourselves this must be right because it fits nicely there….We need to depend on God to show us things in such a way that you know that it has been revealed to your mind by God. Can you honestly right now say “I trust in the Lord, and whatever He tells me to do, I will obey?”

I am so thankful that God loves me more than I can even comprehend. I ask that we all get to a point today where we can say in the name of Jesus Christ, I ask You to help me love and honor You so much that when You speak, I will have only one thought in my mind and that is to obey. Don’t ask if you are not ready for God to reveal himself…….

Leaning on God and trusting Him completely,
Kim Caldwell

1 comment:

  1. Kim, thank you for your insight. You've definitely driven home a point that has resonated strongly in my own life lately. As people I love have lost a loved one of their own and my life's plans have spiraled into unfamiliar directions, I've frequently caught myself trying to "understand" and "reason things out," which has led to nothing more than internal turmoil and momentary madness! When I slow down long enough to see that God is ultimately working everything out for what's best for me, I'm reminded that it's faith in Him, and not my understanding, that will see me through the days to come. Thank you for the reminder to trust Him. It's a reminder I need not just everyday, but many times throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete