Friday, October 21, 2011

How’s Your Attitude?

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5

I enjoy listing to Chuck Swindoll on the radio, and I can just hear his voice in my head when I read something he has written.

I often recall his teaching about Attitude. You have probably heard this before, because it has been a popular presentation and often quoted, but please read it slowly and catch any meaning it might have for you today:

Attitude
by Charles Swindoll
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

So, how’s your attitude today? Do you need an adjustment? As much as I love Chuck Swindoll’s teaching, what does the Bible say about attitude? Philippians 2:5 says that “Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.”

If you’re not sure what attitude Jesus had, it’s time to begin studying His word. Study it until you hear the voice of Jesus in your head as you are reading it. I guarantee it will change your attitude.

See you in church Sunday, where I know the word of God will be taught.

Blessings to you today,
Dolly

No comments:

Post a Comment