Thursday, October 27, 2011

Joy Full

"The fullness of Joy is being in God's presence." Psalm 16:11

Seems obvious to me that joyful should mean full of joy. Just by definition, right? Somehow though, as in the title of our devotion today, when the words are separated and I put two l's in full, it is fuller. I know it really isn't technically, but visually and maybe mysteriously, the extra 'l' and the two words make it seem like it just is fuller of joy.

Have you experienced that joy that moves you to tears? That joy that makes your hands clap or feet move? That joy that brings the biggest smile that cannot be contained? That joy that silences you, or completely stills you? For me, anytime I can be in God's presence, I can get to that point. You know, that feeling of exuberance or celebration that simply is overwhelmingly, inexplicably amazing. Being Full of Joy is like nothing else I experience. Just knowing God is really there and that I can sense Him and connect to Him. So special.
I want us to be able to get there every Sunday, corporately and individually. I suppose that if more of us were there individually, that getting there corporately would follow more often. Are you full of joy today? If not, you might want to try to get into His Presence, because that is where the filling begins. We should definitely worry less about our feelings and more about His fillings. If we were full, the emptiness should subside. Joy is available for the receiving; we just need to be where that happens.

In His Presence! (I am actually there right now) Please Join Me,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment