Thursday, March 19, 2015

"He Knows What I Need"

“His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

We always seem to need something. More often than not, we also feel that if we had that something we would be doing so much better. Oh, the life of a consumer can be so disappointing. If indeed He has the power to give me everything I need for life, why am I regularly dissatisfied? I base my sense of satisfaction on things other than what He gives. He gives us what we need for a life of godliness through knowing Him. Not much sizzle, bling, or excitement in that by the world’s standards, but it really is what I most need. If I would focus more or most on what He gives me through His goodness and knowledge of Him, I would be more satisfied within me and stop trying to be so satisfied from the outside/in, and work on being satisfied from the inside/out. This makes sense to me. Whenever I focus on doing good and glorifying Him, my expectations adjust amazingly. When I allow what He gives to bless me, I remember that He knows best (even better than me) and that I am totally satisfied when I consider Him and His divine power, and His generosity, and His goodness. All these deeper things are so much more fulfilling than the temporal, shallow, and self-serving things I seek satisfaction from.

Learn with me,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment