Tuesday, March 10, 2015

HIGH ANXIETY

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Wow. Just wow. I need to read this verse daily, sometimes many times daily. Especially because I am prone to some physical and emotional anxiety and really have to make a concerted effort to remind myself that He can help me so much with my issues. “Cast” it says. Throw it and let go as you do. Take it away from you and give it to Him. Most if not all that I am anxious about is stuff He died for. You know, my sin, the sin of others, my lack of control, and the control of others. ALL your anxiety it says…the big stuff, the small stuff, the important stuff, and the stupid stuff. Don't hang on to any of it. Give it all up. I know, I know, some of it works for me, too. How can I have a pity party with no theme? How can I get even, with no evidence? How can I justify what I eat without stress? How can I prove that I have been wronged, if I forgive? The list goes on. Cast all of my anxiety on HIM it says. What? I want to share my anxiety with those around me. You know, for empathy or sympathy or fun? The Word also says, 'Be anxious for nothing". In truth, sometimes I must admit that it really is "nothing" that I am anxious about. Oh, maybe the mountain I am making out of the molehill. Or the federal case I am making out of the misdemeanor. Right? Of course. If I let go of it I can't use it to my advantage, can I?

The directive that Peter shares is simple. Hey, Cast all your anxiety on Him. Pretty clear, but the part of the verse that really brings it home for me is the reason I should it. It says I should let it go because He cares for me. Wow. Just wow. What else do I need? How can I argue with that? It just touches my heart how much He cares for me. So much so that He gave His life to set me free from all my chains, including my anxiety. I do trust Him. With everything.

So today, and each day I will cast all my anxiety on Him. Let Him take it. Receive His care for me. Accept His gracious offer. Whatever it is that makes you anxious: money issues, health problems, offenses, failures, the unknown...... all of it. I feel better already, less anxious for sure. Take counsel today and cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

In His grip,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment