Friday, February 12, 2016

As for Me

"Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen." 2Peter 3:18

A pastoral friend of mine posted this brief testimonial of George MacDonald's and it resonated so deeply with me I just had to share it devotionally. I appreciate writers who pour their very souls into their words. I have felt so similarly as he does about his commitment to Christ. Hope it inspires you too. Pastor Fred

"As For me, I can only fall on my knees and pray that the Lord Christ, who has died for me might have his own way with me, that it might have been worth his while to have done what he did, and what he is doing for me now. To my older brother, my Lord, and my God, I give myself yet again, confidently, because He cares to have me, and because my very breath is His. I will be what He wants, who knows all about it, and has done everything that I might be His own, a living glory of gladness." George MacDonald

With such similar sentiments,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment