Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Raised Up"

"When God raised up his servant, He sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways." Acts 3:26

This verse right now is speaking so much to me I hope I can get it all written down, not long, but profound. Here are some insights.

God raised up His servant Jesus, The Messiah three ways.

1. Through the lineage of David

2. In fulfillment of His promises

3. On the cross

God in Jesus, as He promised, came first to the Jews.

It is a blessing to turn from our wicked ways.

Even our self-made or man-made religion can become wicked.

God tries to turn our hearts through kindness and compassion, by forgiveness.

God convicts us of our sin Individually.

This is what this verse spoke to me and convicted me of today.

Hope it speaks to you today,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment