Thursday, April 23, 2015

“Be His Instrument” by: Pastor Fred Snider

“Snatch others from the fire and save them; others show mercy, mixed with fear.” Jude 1:23a

When reaching out to people, whether for sharing the good news, or trying to turn hearts back to Christ, we must use methodologies that are effective. Some folks need to be rescued, others need to be coaxed, and some need to have one of those “Come to Jesus” talks. Let me describe this some more with recent real life situations. I have used lots of different ways to try to help people get their lives on track. Sometimes it takes every tact possible. When witnessing, I have had people ask me “how can I become a Christian?” (I love those situations.) I have had others fight it and argue for months, even years. I always pray for God’s wisdom to know when to lay it on the line or take it slow. I am sure I have not always given the best counsel or witness and I am so glad that it is Him who does work. I need to remind myself of that from time to time. Lord, forgive me when I have missed it or messed it up. Even when I fall short, His grace is sufficient. So we keep on being available and keep on being used by Him and surrendering to Him so we can, as Paul says, “Be all things to all men, in order to win a few.” I am in awe of how He works through me and in spite of me. I challenge you today to be used by God as an instrument of His truth, grace, mercy, hope and love. It is risky and serious business. But it is His work and our “response ability.”

In His Service with you,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment