Friday, April 24, 2015

"KNOW HIM THROUGH HIS WORD"

by: Council Member John Adams

So many of us “angst” over not feeling like we truly “know” Jesus and what He wants us to do with our lives; especially when life gets tough and we don’t understand what’s going on or what to do.

If we really want to “know” the Lord and “His will” for our lives, we must deliberately study His word daily – not just when the storm hits and we desperately seek His intervention, comfort and peace.

To encourage you to spend daily time in God’s word, getting to know Him intimately and on His terms (not our own), I would offer the following (from His word):

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all nations and places from which I carried you into exile.” Jeremiah 29:11-14

“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” Jeremiah 31:33-34

“While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the Lord came to him a second time: “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’” Jeremiah 33:1-3

See also:
Deuteronomy 4:27-31
Proverbs 8:17
Psalm 119:1-6
Matthew 7:7-12

May the Lord bless you, keep you and draw close to you as you diligently “seek His face” in His precious word this week.

“Taste and see that the Lord is good.”
John Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment