Friday, April 10, 2015

“Satisfied"

"After He has suffered, He will see the light of life and be satisfied." Hebrews 53:11

The passage speaks to God's satisfaction that the sacrifice of His son will satisfy the debt for our sins. Through Christ's death on the cross, our need to be justified with the Father and enter again into His presence is fulfilled. We lost the right to be in God's presence in the Garden of Eden with sin, and I know I lose the right every day by my sin. God had a plan from the beginning--before He created man to bring us back to Him, and the plan was "satisfied" in Christ's death. In the Old Testament He gave us a vision of what it would look like with the children of Israel in the building of the temple and He inspired prophets like Isaiah and others to give us a heads up that it was coming. In the New Testament with the birth and eventual death and resurrection of His son, we see it fulfilled, the debt finally and forever satisfied- wow, what love.

There is a very old hymn that has the chorus: "I am satisfied, I am satisfied, I am satisfied with Jesus, But the question comes to me, as I think of Calvary. Is my Master satisfied with me?"

He has satisfied our debt of sin and we can never repay that, but are we living as if we are the redeemed? In His presence, in His word, in His service? My sin is satisfied, but is he satisfied with my life?

I am convicted,
Angie Wahl

No comments:

Post a Comment