Friday, April 3, 2015

“My Redeemer Lives”

By Council Member: Charlotte Adams

Have you ever heard a song, and from the moment you heard it, it somehow just stuck with you and every time you hear it, you love it more, such that it becomes a part of you. I have quite a few songs that affect me that way, some Christian and some not. But the one Christian song that touches my heart every time I hear it is “My Redeemer Lives” by Nicole C. Mullen. Not only are the words that are spoken truth, but the way that Nicole delivers the message stays with you long after the song has ended. It is not at all unusual that if my husband plays the CD when we are driving, we both are likely to want to hear it at least one more time.

We may be thinking about it more than usual this week that our Redeemer lives because we are approaching Easter this Sunday and many may be preparing to go to Easter Sunday Service, even if they haven't been to church at all this year. That's perfectly okay because if this is the only Sunday that one decides to go to Church this year, this will be a great Sunday to do so because the total focus will be on the resurrection of our blessed Redeemer. The world may be trying to convince us that the students are taking a “Spring Break” next week, but we know the real truth, don't we? Students will be getting next week off as an “Easter Break” because in our culture, for as long as I can remember, this has always been, until someone decided that it was not politically correct to say “Easter” and the more generic “Spring” term was used.

This week, be encouraged to reflect, to remember, and be inspired by these truths that the song teaches – The very same God that spins things in orbit “runs to the weary, the worn, and the weak. His same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken were the ones that conquered death to bring me/you/us victory. He lives to take away our shame. He lives forever I'll proclaim. The payment for “my sin” (and yours) was the precious life He gave. But, now, He's alive and there's an empty grave. Because He lives, I (and you) can face tomorrow. I spoke with Him this morning (my favorite line in the whole song). He lives. The tomb is empty. He lives. I've got to (and so do you) tell everybody. I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES. Do you know this to be true for you? If so, tell everyone you know. If you have trouble doing that, make it easier on yourself and just invite them to Easter Sunday Service and Pastor Fred, Shepherd of the flock at Grace Harbor, will be sharing the message of Christ's death and resurrection on the third day, and that HE LIVES yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Wishing all of you a very blessed Easter weekend. If you do not have a Church home, Grace Harbor Church invites and welcomes you to join us on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. for worship, praise, and fellowship with fellow Brothers and Sisters In Christ, which this Sunday will be followed by an Easter (not Spring) Egg Hunt for our children on the Church grounds.

In His love,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment