Monday, September 24, 2012

My Rock

"I love you O Lord my strength, the Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:1-2

God indeed is my rock. Nothing else, NO ONE else is as sure, as strong or as reliable. He is my only fortress, my only deliverer, my only refuge, my only shield, my only salvation provider and my only stronghold, I hang onto God. I often hang onto the Lord because nothing else can help and nobody else can do what He can do. He can change things, nobody else can. He can make things happen. He alone is able to move heaven and earth. That is why He is awesome and why I need Him, love Him and worship him. No matter what happens or what kind of help I need, or how hurt, desperate, needy, confused or troubled I get, He is my rock.

In the storm, in a crunch, in the middle of the night, when I am afraid, when I don’t understand why, or can’t breathe or move, I hang onto God. This Psalm is so personal. David says “my” over and over and over again. As I’ve shared a number of times, my best prayer often goes “O God, O God, O God”. Those are my words when I am hanging on by my fingertips sometimes, and I won’t let go because I know He won’t. For me to know that there is not only something out there beyond everything, but also something at the bottom of everything too, that gives me hope. We are not alone. He is there. He is always there. God never leaves us or forsakes us. He is my rock. The storms of life, whether they are mental, emotional, spiritual or physical, they cannot pry me from my rock. Why? Not because of my strength, not because of my faith, not because of my grip, but because He has a hold of me. That I can trust. Thanks be to God that His is my Rock and I can hang onto Him, but even more so that He hangs onto me. That is why I love Him so much.

In His Grip, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment