Thursday, September 27, 2012

Personal Prayer

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer." Psalm 17:6

David walked close to the Lord. Even though his life was a veritable rollercoaster of ups and downs, a white knuckle ride that spanned from rebellion and defeat, all the way to revelation and victory. He kept pursuing God. No matter what, he relentlessly sought the Lord, no matter what his circumstance

In this particular hour that I write this devotional, to be honest, I am struggling. By the time you read this I will be beyond this point, but from where I am right now I am vexed and perplexed by a number of things that I am trying to surrender to the Lord. What people say and do in the Body of Christ saddens me today. My part in the human enterprise too, my failures, disappointments, troubles and issues, all seem a little more than overwhelming just now. Some hours are like this. So I am clinging with David to my faith that knows that He answers me, even while I am writing. Though my heart is heavy with hurt and frustration, my hope is in the Lord. So I share with you my prayer as I speak it to Him...

Father, you know me, you hear me and love me, of this I am sure. I surrender to you again all our struggles and my attitude about them. Touch my heart and the heart of your people with the truth of your word. Speak through me and protect me, especially from myself and those who would hurt Your work and Your ministry. Quiet my thoughts, forgive my own stubbornness, help us to seek and do Your will. Lead us and teach us by Your spirit. I humbly seek Your face and desire Your guidance. Help me to accept Your will and Your way, Your timing and Your purposes. Transform my mind and lift me from my doubts and fears. You alone are God, I submit myself to you. Thank you for who You are, for Your love, Your grace, and Your power. I praise You for Your tender mercies, for Your intervention and for Your hope. May Your name be exalted and Your good news abound. May Your people desire You more than anything.

That is my prayer in this hour, what is yours? In His Grip, Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment