Monday, September 3, 2012

God Rules

"The Lord is in His holy temple, the Lord is on His heavenly throne." Psalms 11:4a

Our God reigns! He rules! He is sovereign! Whatever else happens, that will not change. Anything you can imagine happening, however devastating cannot alter that fact. Even if the earth evaporates, God will still be on His heavenly throne. Let’s make this the ultimate truth even more personal; with a list of scenarios that could concern us, some more serious, some more trivial. Please feel free to add or modify any so they apply better, in case I miss some.

Even if the economy gets worse, God still rules.
Even if there is more war, God still rules.
Even if somebody I love dies, God still rules.
Even if I lose my job, God still rules.
Even if the Angels don’t win the World Series, God still rules.
Even if someone doesn’t like me, God still rules.
Even if my favorite TV show is cancelled, God still rules.
Even if I fail, God still rules.
Even if my children rebel, God still rules.
Even if someone sits in my seat, God still rules.
Even if there is divorce, God still rules.
Even if there is cancer, God still rules.
Even if there is global warming, God still rules.
Even if what I fear most happens, God still rules.
Even if the world ends, eternity won’t because God will still be on His throne! He reigns! He rules!

I can put my trust in Him. This is encouraging, don’t you think?
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment