Monday, September 17, 2012

Tested

"Test me, O Lord and try me, examine my heart and mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth." Psalm 26:2-3

I do trust God, and God alone, because He forgives my sin and loves me anyway. He is the only one that I would honestly allow to examine my heart and mind. I know how unacceptable some of my thoughts are and some of the motives of my heart, too. Because of His ever present, perfect, and merciful love, I put myself in the court of His consideration to be tested and tried. Even if I fail, He will restore me. Even if I am guilty, He will acquit me. No matter what, He is totally trustworthy with my very soul. I believe completely in His righteousness, that by the blood of Christ I am spared from judgment. Though I suffer consequences I will not be condemned, and I am not lost. Knowing this is foundational to my faith. Whatever situation or circumstances besets me, “I know whom in I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able, to keep that which I’ve committed unto Him against that day.” The day of judgment is coming and I trust my eternal fate to my Lord Jesus. That is why I walk by faith continually, even when I stumble, and sometimes stumble and fall, and then crawl. God gives me strength to carry on, no matter what.

This Psalm put me off at first reading because David claims to have led a blameless life in the first verse. Upon closer examination, I realize that he wasn’t saying he led a sinless life, so I was able to relate better. Christ took any punishment for my sin and the blame, too. Even though my problems are almost always my fault, and my trouble comes almost completely from wrong choices. Jesus bore the eternal consequences, blame, and shame for me on the cross as He paid the price, and cancelled any debt. No wonder David is so close to God, because He knows he is forgiven and actually the last verse says my feet stand on level ground, in the great assembly I will praise the Lord. When I experience the personal effect of my salvation; it causes me to desire to thank Him, praise Him, and walk in the truth proclaiming aloud His praise, and all of His wonderful deeds. When we catch even a glimpse of David’s glorious love for His savior we can begin to see the possibilities for an amazing relationship with God. Don’t miss it, it is a very awesome thing to be known and loved.

Let Him test you and try you because you trust Him. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Walking by faith,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment