Friday, October 10, 2014

Faith is like WiFi, it's invisible but has the power to connect you to what you need.

"Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from The Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Just this past Sunday the women's choir sang a beautiful song during our worship time. "Bow the "Knee". As I was practicing with the choir and singing the song over and over to myself in the car, one particular line kept running around in my head. "We live by faith, not by sight". I wondered if that came from the bible. Remember I am the newbie, I haven't read the entire book. So I googled the line and well I found a lot to read. Actually an enormous amount of information. One commentary went so far as to say that it was the most researched and written about passages in Paul's writings.

Well I don't know about that, but I can tell you that the phrase "We live by faith, not by sight" speaks to my heart. Paul wrote the absolute truth, we live our lives by faith, not by what we see but by what speaks to our heart as truth, our “faith”.

That got me to thinking what is faith. Where does it come from?

Is it as simple as…..faith is knowing the sun will rise tomorrow? In a sense. That faith is in something we see on a daily basis, something tangible, something we recognize through one of our 5 senses.

But the faith that we have in the Lord, that is an intangible. We are unable to explain it through one of our 5 senses. We know that everything we want for ourselves and our loved ones, peace, contentment and love comes to us through the Lord. But how do we attain that. Through the faith he bestowed on us. Through praying and connecting with him each and every day.

It's very much like my job. I provide the tools the attorneys need so that they can do their job in a more efficient manner. God provided us with faith. That is the tool that we need to be with him every day, to include him in our life and to bring him into our hearts. The more we talk with him, pray to him, the more our faith grows.

Paul told the Philippians to “be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).

They believed God’s word and followed it. They followed Paul’s instruction and prayed to the Lord. Through prayer their faith increased.

The Lord has a hand in our faith from our very beginning until our end. Faith is the tool he supplied us with so he can be with us in our tangible world until we meet him in his spiritual realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment