Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 4

My reflections on our foolishness continue. As I consider my folly over the years, I am reminded of two things. First, that horrible feeling that happens when you must admit you have messed up. Second, that subsequent rush of conscience that happens when you realize how you could have avoided messing up in the first place. Here are five more reminders of our humanness. Thank God for His grace. The character of fools is too familiar eh?

1. He will be servant to the wise. (Proverbs 11:29)
2. He follows vain persons. (Proverbs 12:11)
3. He is wise in his own conceit. (Proverbs 26:5)
4. He lays open his folly. (Proverbs 13:16)
5. A fool’s wrath is heavy. (Proverbs 12:16)

And my reflections from my own experience.

1) I should submit myself more to those wiser than me.
2) My fascination with the rich, famous and notorious is silly.
3) Me puffing myself up is never a pretty picture.
4) When I try to cover my tracks, I get caught. God knows anyway.
5) I have been known to take it out on others when I mess up.

Whew! That was not easy, but honest. When we see ourselves as God knows us, good and bad, we can be stronger and healthier moving forward.

Onward,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment