Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 11

You know the saying, “The truth hurts.” In my life I receive a lot of appreciation and not much criticism. I work on that ratio probably to a fault. I think I am too dependent on approval and rock the boat too little. As a leader I tend to seek more consensus than I need and let far too many little things slide by without needed input. My avoidance of conflict has led to more stress than confronting concerns. I want to change this.

1. A foolish son is the calamity of His father. (Proverbs 19:1)
2. His speech is willful. (Proverbs 19:1)
3. His foolishness leads him astray. (Proverbs 19:3)
4. He frets against the Lord. (Proverbs 19:3)
5. Delight is unseemly for a fool. (Proverbs 19:10)

1) I regret having been an embarrassment to my father.
2) I have had to eat my words too many times.
3) When I go astray it is always because of my choices.
4) Oh how I have wasted time, resources and energy not trusting God.
5) I often consider how I should just allow myself to relax and enjoy more.

Sometimes we create more problems by not dealing with issues head-on and sooner. I have allowed protracted “cold wars” to go on and on because I fear rejection and am too “thin-skinned.” I try to win through diplomacy and being nice and lose credibility by not standing firm and leading up front, instead of behind. These proverbs convict me of my weakness. What did they do for you? His word is a lamp.

I see in Him.
Pastor Fred



No comments:

Post a Comment