Thursday, October 16, 2014

Proverbs About Foolishness - Part 12

Aren’t we almost done with all of these “foolish” Proverbs? It seems as though we have a lot to learn about foolishness. We probably are more learned about foolishness than we would like to admit.

Here are five more little lessons from the Wisdom of Solomon and my reflections, too.

1. Fools meddle. (Proverbs 20:3)
2. He is as if dead. (Proverbs 21:16)
3. He spends his treasure. (Proverbs 21:20)
4. He despises wisdom. (Proverbs 23:9)
5. Wisdom is too high for a fool. (Proverbs 24:7)

1. Some of the most foolish things I have done started with meddling.
2. When I don’t take care of myself, I can be like a zombie. Not wise.
3. Saving has always been a difficult discipline for me.
4. I should have had a better attitude about my commitment to college.
5. I can settle too easily for less than excellence.

I recently encouraged someone to forgive themselves. As I just shared some of these weaknesses of mine with you, I remembered forgiving myself about some of these things.
Forgiving ourselves is healthy. After all, Jesus paid the price for the eternal consequences of our sins, He also paid the price so we could forgive ourselves, now. We can move forward, put the past behind us, and reach for excellence again.

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment