Monday, October 6, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 6

We should only be introspective in the light of His grace. I would never recommend taking a long hard look at yourself without being in His presence. Only by His grace and mercy can I share my weakness, rebellion and laziness. So when I sing “Oh how he loves us,” I feel it deeply, because I know I don’t deserve it. But, He paid my price so I can give Him glory. In my weakness He glorifies Himself by restoring me and strengthening me, even at my lowest moments. I can rise in Him and experience righteousness, though my old sin nature keeps trying to pull me down. Now, another five insights and reflections.

1. A woman who is foolish destroys her house. (Proverbs 14:1)
2. A fool is proud. (Proverbs 14:3)
3. His folly is deceit. (Proverbs 14:8)
4. He mocks sin. (Proverbs 14:9)
5. A fool rages. (Proverbs 14:6)

1) A man can do this to. My house has been a business and a ministry.
2) I once said that I hit a homerun with only 2/3 of my strength. Lol.
3) I really can’t fool myself very long, but I will keep trying.
4) I don’t like myself when I excuse and minimize my sin.
5) My tantrums have never accomplished anything good.

Your turn. I am sure we have some things in common. Like our humanity and hopefully our humility.

In Him,
Pastor Fred


No comments:

Post a Comment