Monday, October 13, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 9

I am a student of life. I have learned the hard way and I have avoided many troubles by learning from other’s mistakes and from heeding counsel. Some of the counsel I give comes from the school of hard knocks, some from watching the mistakes of others unfold. Much of my counsel comes from His Word and those who understand His Word. I don’t know as much as I used to, but am getting wiser about it.

1. To refuse instruction is to despise oneself. (Proverbs 15:32)
2. His instruction is folly; he gets no good from it. (Proverbs 16:22)
3. Excellent speech does not become a fool. (Proverbs 17:7)
4. Stripes mean nothing to a fool. (Proverbs 17:10)
5. Fear a fool in his folly. (Proverbs 17:12)

Here are my reflections on these five proverbs.

1) How many times I have said. “I should have listened.”
2) How many times I should not have listened to myself.
3) Trying to sound smarter than I am is a waste of breath.
4) Learning the hard way multiple times I know is foolish.
5) I can hurt others when I am being foolish. So look out!

Keep it simple, keep it short. Lessons I am still learning. I like how “to the point” proverbs are. I too often take the long way around sensitive subjects. If I were to add to keep it simple and keep it short I would say “keep it sweet.” No need to be harsh with teaching or the truth. Firm, Yes. Mean, No. I hope you are blessed today. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I.

With His Love,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment