Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Proverbs About Foolishness - Part 15

So, finally I share the last devotional about foolishness. I’m ready to move on. Hope you have learned something about you, and not just a bunch of stuff about me. I really try to be pretty transparent and to keep it real. But, this 15 part expose` of my lesser self has been exhausting. Funny how looking at yourself sure gets your eyes off everyone else.

1. The foolish cannot plan ahead. (Proverbs 27:12)
2. A fool hardens his heart. (Proverbs 28:14)
3. There is no end when contending with a fool. (Proverbs 29:9)
4. A fool tells everything. (Proverbs 29:11)

1. I have found it easier to see in the rearview mirror than through the windshield.
2. When I harden my heart, my descent speeds up every time.
3. I have repeated my foolishness enough to know I am not finished.
4. My last reflection is that I am not foolish enough to tell all.

My last reflection is true. We all have things only we and God know. As it should be. But, never think that only you know. He knows. His omniscience is comprehensive. It encompasses everything: actions, thoughts, motives, and even those things that have been misunderstood, and misrepresented. It brings me peace not only that God knows my shortcomings; he also knows my heart when it is humble, contrite, and desires to do and be right. The fool has said in his heart, there is no God. That is not true. There is a God who forgives, forgets and restores.

Praise His Name,
Pastor Fred


No comments:

Post a Comment