Monday, October 20, 2014

Proverbs About Foolishness - Part 13

Only a few more devotionals about foolishness. This has not been an easy task to reflect personally on each one. It has been pretty self-revealing to say the least. As encouraged as I was by the Proverbs about righteousness, I have been humbled by these about foolishness. Foolishness is not a pass or fail test, it is also not graded on the curve. It is only measured by grace, mercy and discipline.

Just four Proverbs for the last three devotionals. Four is enough!

1. His foolish thoughts are sinful. (Proverbs 24:9)
2. Honor is not for a fool. (Proverbs 26:1)
3. The ways of a fool are many. (Proverbs 26:1-12)
4. A rod is for a fool’s back. (Proverbs 26:3)

1. My sin always starts between my ears.
2. The desire to be honorable has often stooped my foolishness.
3. Foolish behaviors are like my lies. Seldom is there only one.
4. I have paid a physical price for my foolishness.

Our thought life is important. I love the verse that says,
“Whatsoever things are true, right, noble, lovely, pure and honorable, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)
So, the opposite stuff we must keep out of our heads. Things that are false, wrong, ignoble, ugly, impure, and dishonorable, keep these things out of your thinking.
The best cure for “stinkin thinkin” is “Godly thinkin.” This is why we must be mindful of the Lord at all times. If we don’t, our default mode will be our sinful nature.

In His Grip,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment