Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 10

I must admit again that these devotionals on foolishness have been more convicting than I first thought. This reminds me of the old literary phrase… “Little did he think.” I should think more and deeper, especially before speaking or leaping. I pray that the Lord would open the eyes of my heart, so I could see Him, and see clearer in general. Hard to do that when I start thinking it is about me. Create in me a clean heart Oh God.

1. He has no heart for wisdom. (Proverbs 17:16)
2. A fool becomes surety for others. (Proverbs 17:18)
3. The eyes of a fool are at the end of the earth. (Proverbs 17:24)
4. He has not delight in understanding. (Proverbs 18:2)
5. A fool’s lips enter into contention. (Proverbs 18:6)

1) When discouraged I too easily lose heart, and I take things to heart too quickly.
2) I have not always heeded the wisdom of not cosigning or loaning.
3) I am obviously not finished daydreaming or pipe dreaming.
4) Gotta keep absolutely loving His Word more and more.
5) Recently I got in the middle of one and both sides turned on me.

Life’s lessons are good for us; sometimes repeatedly. The Christian walk is neither a sprint nor a leisurely stroll. Sure, sometimes we need to get moving and other times slow down, but in the big picture, this is an individual marathon and not a race with others. We need to balance taking life more seriously and enjoying it more. So glad I have the Book. So glad I have a Savior.

Onward and Upward,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment