Thursday, October 2, 2014

Proverbs about Foolishness - Part 5

Can you imagine what the world would be like if all the fools repented at once? A better place. Oh how much drama and trouble our foolishness causes. We are the heart of our own problems. I am responsible for all my trouble, most of it self-inflicted or, if not, brought on by how poorly I handle other’s shortcomings. Let’s be honest, we can be extremely selfish, self-serving, smug and scurrilous. No wonder we need a Savior. I try to be transparent, but I still fall into the trap of fooling myself, even though I know I can’t fool God. Here are 5 more gems to consider and my humble reflections.

1. The heart of a fool proclaims foolishness. (Proverbs 12:23)
2. When carrying messages he falls into mischief. (Proverbs 13:17)
3. Poverty and shame come to him as he refuses instruction. (Proverbs 13:18)
4. He has no desire to depart from evil. (Proverbs 13:19)
5. He destroys his companions. (Proverbs 13:20)

1) If I go on and on, eventually I will speak foolishness.
2) Why do I say stuff even when I plan to say nothing?
3) I would be embarrassed to be honest about my money management.
4) There is a point of no return I have crossed where I no longer care.
5) It is so wrong when I tare someone down to divert attentions from me.

There you have it; more brutal honesty. Is it helping you see your own self and appreciate His forgiveness? It is me.

In His grip,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment